Monday, March 17, 2008

True Blue, Through and Through...

So, we came down to Las Vegas for the MWC Basketball Tournament (Naturally. After all, I married the biggest BYU fan EVER!), and we had a blast the first two games cheering for the good ol' cougs. My sister Katie and bro-in-law Tyler came and cheered with us for the first game against Colorado, and then my parents joined us in cheering for the San Diego State and UNLV games. Our third game against UNLV was a rough one, and I can't say that I didn't leave the Thomas & Mack without hard feelings. Those UNLV fans are RUDE. Extremely. But what can you do? I hope we bury them next year. Kill them. Make them wish they had never seen a basketball. If you can't tell, I am still feeling a little bitter. :)
Anyway... Tyler arranged things for us so that BYU blue wasn't our only "blue" Vegas experience. He hired us for a night to work for the wedding chapel ("The Little Chapel of the Flowers" -- he is co-owner of this super cool little business right on Las Vegas Blvd. He and Katie are actually living there right now!) so that we could join with them in attending "The Blue Man Group" on Thursday night (Unfortunately, he had to fire us Donald Trump style after the show was over...). It was Danny's first Vegas show, and he really enjoyed it. Katie and I had both been before, but we found it as entertaining (and as odd and unusual) as ever. :) Before the show we had a chance to visit Madame Tussad's (at the Venetian) -- the super coolest wax museum on the planet. Seriously. Very very cool. I'd wanted to go before, but it is outrageously expensive. Props to Tyler for scoring us some free tickets! Here we are hob-nobbing with all of our new famous friends.



Danny and the blue men


Katie is interviewed by Oprah


Ben Affleck and Tyler play poker

I'm hangin' out with Tupac


I gave Tiger Woods some golf advice (I am quite good, you know...)


Danny thought the lie was different


Smile with the strange blue man

1 comment:

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

Dave's super jealous you guys went to the game. Next year we will for sure beat them. :)