Monday, March 03, 2008

My Little Bookworms


So, my kids are like me and they love to read (I am a SERIOUS bibliophile). Every night at bedtime we have a routine straight out of the pages of OLIVIA:

Macie: Mommy, how many books can we read tonight?
Me: Two.
Macie: No, Mommy. Five!
Reid: Five!
Me: No. It's already past your bedtime. Just 2.
Reid: Two!
Macie: Mommy, please five. Five short ones?
Reid: Five!
Me: Alright. Three. But that's it!
Macie: Whoo-hoo! Three books!
Reid: Whoo-hoo! Three books!

Anyway, the only thing they love more than reading books is making messes with books (naturally). So, I wasn't too surprised when I came into the boys' room this morning and found Davis reveling in the same activity that his siblings have found so much pleasure in. There is nothing quite as fun as taking all of the books out of the bookcase and making a huge messy pile of them!






7 comments:

Campbell Family said...

So cute...kids do love to read!

Shaunte' said...

Sorry about your computer, what a pain. But I think it's pretty cute Reid was sticking quarters in it. I know what you mean about the book piles, I clean them up everyday! Cute fam!

Leah said...

love it...sounds a lot like our house at bedtime :) your kids are so cute and I finally got to see the pics from the earlier posts....SO CUTE!!! What fun times!

Anonymous said...

Mary, I think I only met you one time but I grew up with the Gunnell family in Texas and then cheered with Danny and Brian at BYU. What a darling family you have. I look forward to keeping up with you. Please tell Danny hello for me. Angela Labrum Stuckey

Steph said...

I love the pictures! They are all so cute. I especially love the pictures of Davis... he's such a cute little chub.

I wish I were there to read a few books to the kiddos.

Angela Baird said...

Davis is such a cutie! What a fun age for him, and lots of cleaning up for you! Your kids are lucky to get books at bedtime...mine fight over the number of songs you sing to them...!

Camp Directors said...

Davis is adorable! And so are the others but he grew so fast and has teeth! I love it! My blog is now private so I need your email address so I can add you to my list of invited readers. thanks -amber veecochick@yahoo.com