Monday, March 17, 2008

Future American Idol???

I'm just letting you all know, way in advance here, that we may have an American Idol on our hands. Yep, you guessed it, at the young age of 10 months, our little Davis was discovered by Gladys Knight. You see, she lives in my parents stake, and she was at church with us yesterday. I'm not sure exactly why, but she was in their ward, sitting 2 rows behind me in sacrament meeting and making lots of comments in Relief Society. Naturally, Davis was aware of her star presence and felt inspired to make his star talent known. So, all during Relief Society he proceeded to yell quite loudly so that she might sense his talent potential. After a while of yelling, I felt that it was time to take him into the rest room to change his diaper and give the judges a break (after all, they don't like it if you are TOO pushy in your audition. Let them see what you've got, and leave it at that. None of this 2 or 3 song business...). Anyhow, Gladys decided to join me in the rest room and just happened to say that Davis had "great lungs." I'm sure that she meant that he has a future of vocal stardom, and not just that he is an obnoxiously loud baby. I could tell this because of the inflection in her voice as she said that he had "great lungs," and also by her later comment that he "looked sharp." We all know that appearance IS a HUGE factor in the American Idol competition. So, now that he is destined for greatness, I just thought I would let you all know. And, by the way, I think Gladys Knight is a SUPER NICE lady. :)
Here is a little video clip of Davis squaking after church. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Davis is SO cute! He's changed so much since we saw him last. I better plan a trip down that direction. And I'll be watching American Idol 2023 to cheer him on!