Saturday, October 15, 2011

One Year Older and "Y"zer Too!

 
At the trailhead -- it was such a beautiful day!
Happy Birthday to me! Yesterday I celebrated the big day with breakfast in bed (thanks, Danny and kids!), a morning at the temple (thanks to my VT for babysitting my boys!), a delicious lunch out with Danny before he left for Oregon (I miss you!), a hike up the Y with the kids (my annual birthday tradition), and a surprise Chinese take-out dinner (thanks to our friends, Erika and Clayton!). It was a fantastic day and I felt so special and loved! Thanks to everyone for your kind messages and sweet gifts!

Can you believe I took these crazy kids up the Y trail alone? What was I thinking?!

FINALLY - at the top! I think Davis asked me 200 times if we were "almost there yet?"

Ready for the hike back down -- all smiles because we ate candy at the top!

Train them while they are young. The Y is the way!

Macie's Y in true cheer style!

Rah-rah-rah-rah-rah! You made it, Davis!

Goooooo, Reid!

3 comments:

J said...

You deserve a great day. My favorite pict. is you with a baby on your back and one in the womb. You are my hero Mary.

Gill Family said...

haha! oh i love the pics of the kidos doing the "y"--love the hiking the Y tradition too! happy late bday :)

Never Enough Orange said...

I need to work harder on that "Go big Orange" cheer with them.