Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes

So... I just have a few minutes to update here, but I had to publish the cute things that my kids said last weekend. They always make me smile! Anyway, my sis-in-law Mel has a little section of her blog with cute things her kids have said, and I wanted to include some of the cute/silly things Macie and Reid say on our blog too...

SATURDAY, OCT 6
We (the Davis and Gunnell girls) were all watching the afternoon session of conference while most of the men were up in Salt Lake at the Conference Center. As Elder Ballard finished his talk, Macie suddenly perked up and said "Grams, I can't wait for Grampy to talk! When is Grampy going to be on TV?" It was super cute. She was watching all of the old grandpa-like apostles speaking in conference, and naturally she thought that her grandpa should be speaking at conference with them too. I do think that her Grampy would make an awesome General Authority, actually...

SUNDAY, OCT 7
Once again, we were all watching conference together (this time the men were with us), and President Hinckley stood up to conduct. Danny was trying to get Reid's attention, so he asked him, "Reid, do you know who that is?" -- pointing at President Hinckley. Reid looked up at the TV and said confidently, "Yep. Jesus!" Then he gave us this huge grin. Maybe we need to have a few more family home evenings to talk about the Prophet and the apostles?... I thought we were teaching them pretty well, but apparantly we've missed a few things here and there... Maybe we'll have them straightened out by next April?

TODAY, OCT 10
We (the kids and I) were driving home from Macie's dance class. Suddenly:
Macie: Uh-oh, Mom! Look!
Me: What, honey?
Macie: You're driving next to a girl-boy!
Me: A what?
Macie: A girl-boy. It's right next to us!! Look, Mom!
Me: (turning around slightly to see the "girl-boy." A young man with long pretty hair and a short scruffy beard was driving a truck in the next lane. I smiled.) What do you mean? Is it a girl or a boy?
Macie: It's not a girl and it's not a boy. It's a boy that is a girl too. A girl-boy! You better get away fast!
Me: OK. Don't worry. We'll get away. (I smile and take the freeway entrance I was going to turn on anyway, thus saving us from the evil "girl-boy". Hillarious.)

Anyway, that's all I have time for tonight! Hopefully my kids made you smile, just like they made me happy!

2 comments:

Tiffani and Christopher Guymon said...

I cheered with Danny at BYU and grew up with him in Flower Mound (if you are wondering who I am:). That is adorable! What a great idea. Kids say the most funny things sometimes. Tell Danny I Tiffani said hi! You have a beautiful family!

Melanie said...

Those are such cute stories! Thanks for sharing. And thanks again for coming and seeing us at the hospital. Your kids are darling...I wish we could see you every day!