Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Could a BYU fan learn to love RED?

So... my 10 year high school reunion was last week (General Conference weekend ... BAD TIMING!), and I was really sad to miss it, but I did do my fair share of reminicing on my own. When I got out my senior year photos, I discovered that I looked EXACTLY the same (except, maybe a little fatter now). After 10 years, college, 3 kids, marrriage, brain tumor, Utah, you'd think that something would be different, right? Nope. So, I knew that it was time for a change. As if she'd been reading my mind, when I showed up at my hair appointment with Lucia (the amazing hairdresser that has done my hair since I was 13) the first thing she said was "You look exactly the same! You never change." SEE? I was stuck in a rut. Something had to give, and it was going to be my hair. Soooooo...we decided to cut a bunch off (keep it still long with layers in the back, but really hack off the front to frame my face) and give it some color. When we finished, I really liked it (even though I hadn't been thinking "redhead" when I walked into the salon), and I headed home to see if anyone else liked it. The general concensus is that it looks good... although from Danny's surprised reaction, I think that RED may have to grow on him. I guess anyone that bleeds that BLUE can hardly be expected to like anything RED. We'll see if he can learn to love it....
Anyway, he did get a chance to see the BLUE dominate the RED as the Cougars played UNLV the next night at Sam Boyd Stadium. It was so much fun to watch the game with my family and Grandma Gunnell. At half-time I met up with some high-school friends who were in town, and I really enjoyed seeing them too! Go Cougars! Undefeated in the MWC! (I'm praying that they take the championship again this year, so that I have another excuse to visit home to see them play in the Las Vegas Bowl!)

Grandma Gunnell, Danny, Macie, Reid, Me, Davis, Katie, Tyler, Mom, Dad

4 comments:

Tiffani and Christopher Guymon said...

I know you don't know me personally, but I think the red hair looks adorable on you! It's always hard to make a change, espically when it comes to something like your hair.

Unknown said...

looks great Mary!! And your beautiful so it's not like you needed a change :) just for yourself...kurt's super excited to see you guys in a few weeks, wish we weren't in school and I could come too! Dang those loans!!

Stacy Hoyt said...

I love the red, Mary. It looks great!

Mary said...

Thanks, guys... now if we can just conviince Danny that red is OK.... :)