Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Grass Is Always Greener...

....when it's planted in our yard. Yep. That's right. Although we'd grown AWFULLY fond of our weeds and rocks, we finally made the transition to grass and flower beds. Hooray! It was a spectacular birthday present last Thursday, and we can't wait for another week to pass so that we can walk on it!
We've had so much family fun to update on from the past few months, but this post is just to celebrate our yard. That's it. Whoo-hoo -- we really are celebrating! This yard deserves the coveted pig trophy. After living in a construction zone since May (Hah! Never believe it when your contractor tells you it'll be done in 2 weeks! Try 6 months...), we feel so blessed to be able to dine on our gorgeous wrap-around deck and admire our plants and green grass. Every time I look out the back window I have to do a double-take... green seems so strange! But we love it!








7 comments:

J said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! You guys really did a great job designing that deck and yard. I love the G, the fountain,and the kids' play area and the deck with the patio underneath is fantastic. We will have to make it over there next summer on a nice evening and sit on the deck with you guys to watch the sun set.

I am so happy for you guys. That project must have tried your patience but it looks like it was worth all the waiting.

Amy and David Ziehl said...

It looks amazing!! Congrats!

Misha said...

Oh Mary!!!! I LOVE your yard! It looks so serene and breathtaking. The deck is gorgeous and so artistic. I can't wait to see it in real life. I'm sure no one is more excited to have it done than you :)

elicia said...

This is spectacular! Way to go guys! I'm so happy for you. Mary, you can tell you're an artist. The whole thing is so aesthetically pleasing.

Leah said...

beautiful!!! I can see why this gets its own blog post....Kurt's dream yard, is your backyard!! way to go and enjoy before all the snow covers up the nice green grass:)

chelsea said...

Oh, Very nice yard!Amazing!

Internet Marketing Vancouver | Plumber San Jose

jbel said...

Danny- I have no idea how I got to this blog ... was blog stalking when I recognized your name on someone's blog roll. So fun to stumble here and see your beautiful family.
We recently had a BYU-H reunion dinner here in San Diego area with several friends. Had a blast reliving memories and laughing at pictures. Ran into Geoff Howard in my ward here in Carlsbad. He was visiting his wife's grandfather in our ward. He lives in Visalia, Ca.
Well just thought I'd say hi and looks like life is treating you well. Take care!