Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Golden Moments

Davis holding a REAL GOLD NUGGET! On Sunday Danny met a woman who owned a gold mine, and after church she let Davis come by and see her collection of golden treasures!

I have to write a quick post, just because I have been blessed by such GREAT kids! 
Along with the "gold" obsession that Davis has been engaging in lately, he's also enjoyed a healthy interest in mazes. He made his way through every maze in our Superman coloring book, and I've been printing and hand drawing little mazes for him every day this week. Well.... yesterday Davis was working on his 20th maze of the day, one with a spider that I'd found and printed off the Internet. From the kitchen he called to me in my office and said, "Hey Mom, can you come in here and help me with this maze? I am trying and trying and I can't figure it out! Will you come and help me do it?" Well, I happened to be busy paying the bills at that moment (YUCK!), but I knew that Davis was good at figuring out mazes on his own, so I told him to be patient and keep on trying. "You're good at mazes," I said, "I'm sure that if you keep on trying you will figure it out." He complied and silently continued working on the maze for a few minutes. Then, from the office I heard him get down from the bar stool and kneel down on the kitchen floor. I was so pleased when I heard his little voice:
"Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for this day. Thanks that I could have a fun time. Please help me to figure out this maze. I am trying and trying and I can't figure it out. So please help me to know how to do it. Thanks. 
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
Do I have awesome kids, or what?! Davis had a problem that he couldn't solve, and he knew where to go for help! What honest, pure faith! I have been so blessed with wonderful children who exercise their faith and know where to turn for help and answers to their problems!
Well, I had Davis bring that silly maze into the office, and wouldn't you know it -- it WAS IMPOSSIBLE to solve. It was a joke maze... someone must've put it up on the Internet as a mean little trick. So Davis and I had a good laugh when we figured out that the only reason he couldn't figure it out was because it was a trick maze. And I drew him another maze that WAS solvable.
Life is good!


1 comment:

J said...

Oh, I love that story. I love seeing kids exercising faith.