Sunday, July 18, 2010

Danny's Number One!

Here is our sweet little one year old guy. Before he got to his football cake ....

...and here is the messy man post-cake. Watch-out Dad! Danny's going to slime you! (although our camera man got away just in the nick of time, Danny managed to get chocolate cake just about everywhere else -- all over his new shirt, high-chair, bib, floor, Mommy, in his hair, eyes, ears, etc. -- Way to go, dude!)

We celebrated this little stud-muffin's big B-day with Aunt Amy and Uncle David, who joined us for an impromptu sleepover Friday night after the Bees Game. Danny was excited to get some handsome new threads, new baby books, a toy cell phone, a snazzy kid drum, and a deluxe Radio Flyer Wagon. This boy is easy to please! We had a lazy morning breakfast of scrambled eggs (his favorite), and then pigged out on McDonald's fries for lunch. Lots of books, a wagon ride, swimming at the neighbors, and plenty of playtime made for many happy kids. Later, of course, came the chocolate football cake. It was a great day.

"A present for me?? Yipee!"
"Rollin' in my new ride -- thanks, Grams and Grampy! This is one cool wagon!"
"Didn't you know I have mad hops? The Jazz have tried to recruit me, but mom says I have to stop breast-feeding before I'm eligible for the draft. I thought I'd show off my dunking skills to Amy and David while we were at McDonalds."

Danny is such a joy to have in our family. Although he rarely gets the attention he deserves, he is such a happy and sweet little guy. He loves to snuggle, especially with Mommy. He really does give the BEST baby hugs and kisses. Reading books is another one of his favorite pastimes -- and although he is a man of few words ("Mama" and "Gaga"), I swear he says "again" ("A-Gee") after I read his favorite books. Danny loves to give high-fives, mess up the DVD cupboard, brush his teeth, bite toes/fingers/rocks/mommy -- HARD, pinch my arms, pull Macie's hair, climb in the dishwasher, go up and down the stairs, throw balls, play basketball (no joke), dance to the music, play tickle-monster and peek-a-boo, laugh and roughhouse with his big brothers and sister, take baths, and crawl in the dirt so he can eat mud. He is such a joy (especially when he's not teething!), and I can't imagine our family without him. We are blessed to have you, baby Danny!

No comments: